*Scheduled Adventure Rides: We will open up registration on October 8, 2022 for any prospective/current NICA aged student-athletes (grades 6-12) to participate in structured group rides at Hawes. All rides will be led by licensed NICA Coaches and student-athletes can customize their ride options based on skill and ability.
We can shoot you a quick e-mail when we open our Adventure Ride Sign-ups! Head HERE to join our interest list (don’t worry, we won’t do anything spammy, unless you decide to write us back and want to be pen pals?)
- Do I need to be a registered AZ NICA student athlete in order to participate in Adventurefest?
- Nope! The event is open to all current and prospective AZ NICA Coaches & Student Athletes and their siblings, parents, friends, classmates, and neighbors! Basically, if you kinda like bikes, you are welcome to come meet us and have fun!
- What should I bring?
- Quick list: yourself! Longer list: Your bike, your helmet, additional riding gear, a rad attitude and H20 fo’ sho!
- Is there any cost?
- There is no charge for Adventurefest! There will be local bike shops, vendors and food trucks on site, so bring some Benjamins if you’d like to support your local businesses.
- What if I don’t have a bike?
- We’re partnering with local bike shops and bike manufacturers to have demo bikes on site for you to check out, along with plenty of resources for you to decide if becoming a mountain bike rider is in your future! Spoiler alert: it probably is!
- What is AZ NICA?
- AZ NICA is an emerging project of The National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA) – 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. As one of many leagues across the country, we create, manage, and organize a variety of mountain biking programs and events to get and keep #morekidsonbikes!
We promote a safe and supervised environment for Arizona’s student-athletes (grades 6-12) to practice their skills and shred while developing strong decision-making skills. Our goal is to have fun, build confidence, and push through physical and mental limits. We equally welcome all student-athletes into our league, to experience the thrill of cycling.
We sincerely hope the lessons our student-athletes learn on the trail, with their friends and coaches, will carry on with them for the rest of their lives. This is why we started the league; to share the stoke with the next generation and pass it on.